The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned us of many potential mental health challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. The most affected are the medical staff, the infected and their relatives, as well as people with mental illness who have difficulty undergoing remote therapy.
A large wave of issues of neurotic nature is also expected, caused by isolation and anxiety about loved ones and one’s own health. The isolation of people struggling with addictions, anxiety, depression or eating disorders, parents who have to educate their children and teenagers at home for the first time, people who will lose their jobs and many others, are at high risk.
What can I offer as a mental health specialist?
- Corporate Mental Health Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Parents support group in Facebook ;
- Two short free consultations for anyone in need, as well as significant price reductions for the following sessions (if they are necessary);
- Organizing international support groups and supervision among psychotherapists;
- Consulting private companies and developing package services for maintaining employees’ mental health;
- Information on sites where specialist help may be sought:
List of psychotherapists in Bulgaria who will provide free remote counseling;
WHO illustrated guide on how to cope with stress;
Telephone for free counseling from psychology professionals in Catalonia: 649756713;
Telephone for free consultation specializing in health care professionals in Catalonia: 935678856;
Self-help manual in times of crisis;
My Europost article “Remaining Sane in Times of Pandemic“;